OFFICETEAM PROVIDES TIPS FOR RECOGNIZING STAFF ON ADMINISTRATIVE PROFESSIONALS DAY
MENLO PARK, Calif., April 20 /PRNewswire/ -- Office support staff are taking on more responsibilities than ever before, but they don't always get the recognition they deserve. Employers shouldn't forget to give appreciation to their assistants on Administrative Professionals Day (Wednesday, April 21).
OfficeTeam, a leading staffing service specializing in the placement of highly skilled administrative professionals, offers six meaningful ways to express gratitude:
- Flowers are a nice touch, but even more special is a handwritten thank-you note to your assistant acknowledging his or her great work.
- Nominate administrative staff for achievement awards, such as the Administrative Excellence Award (www.officeteamaward.com). Nominations are being accepted through April 30.
- Encourage support staff to participate in industry associations by reimbursing membership dues. Pay travel and registration fees for your administrative personnel to attend professional development seminars and conferences hosted by these organizations.
- Treat your assistant to lunch and discuss his or her career goals, as well as department objectives, during the meal.
- Support your staff in learning new technologies or skills or pursuing certifications. Everyone benefits when your employees develop new abilities.
- If budgets permit, consider spot bonuses for successful completion of high-priority projects.
"Keeping offices running smoothly is no small feat, yet administrative professionals rise to the challenge daily," said OfficeTeam executive director Robert Hosking. "Unfortunately, these individuals often are unsung heroes whose achievements are behind the scenes. While it's important to praise support staff throughout the year, Administrative Professionals Day provides a special opportunity to celebrate their workplace contributions."
For additional ideas on how to celebrate administrative professionals, download 25 Ways to Recognize Your Staff, a complimentary tip sheet available at www.officeteam.com/RecognitionIdeas.
Research about how support staff are taking on more responsibilities in the areas of technology and social media, cost control, hiring, corporate events, and social responsibility is featured in Your Secret to Success: Today's Super Admin, a free online guide available at www.officeteam.com/SuperAdminGuide.
OfficeTeam is the nation's leading staffing service specializing in the temporary placement of highly skilled office and administrative support professionals. The company has more than 325 locations worldwide and offers online job search services at www.officeteam.com. For more career and workplace advice, connect with OfficeTeam at twitter.com/officeteam and www.facebook.com/officeteam.